- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1-1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground cardamom
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 cups sweet potato puree
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- Preheat oven to 325°F and line two 12 cup muffin pans with paper liners and lightly spray with non-stick baking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, cardamom, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, beat the maple syrup, vegetable oil, eggs, vanilla, and sweet potato puree. Stir in the dry ingredients until combined. Pour mixture evenly between the two pans.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Submitted by Sarah Bublitz, adapted from https://www.goodinthesimple.com/sweet-potato-muffins-with-crunchy-flax-topping/